On this page, we are pleased to provide a selection of African antitrust & competition law resources to our readership.
It is an evolving compendium of links to [mostly original] resource materials — please let us know your suggestions for inclusion of additional links, either via the comments section below or by direct e-mail to the editors.
Articles of interest:
- “Zero Threshold Contagion” [COMESA]
- “Crossing the Competition Rubicon” [COMESA]
- “Balancing Public Interest Merger Considerations with the Quest for Multi-Jurisdictional Merger Control Certainty” [South Africa and Botswana]
- “Public Interest Factors in African Competition Policy” [general]
- Cartel regulation in South Africa (2014) and Cartels: Developments in South Africa
Our “The Big Picture” series:
African supranational organisations:
- Very helpful diagrammatic, clickable visualisation of all major supranational bodies on the African continent
- Key collection of articles on COMESA competition law
- 2013 Article on COMESA CCC: “Crossing the Competition Rubicon“
- COMESA FAQ
- COMESA Competition Regulations and Rules (1) / Rules (2).
- Five comprehensive draft Guidelines (issued by the CCC on August 24, 2013)
- Map of COMESA member states
- Outdated (but still online) COMESA merger handbook
BRICS competition law issues & articles
Articles on antitrust enforcers taking into account extra-judicial or non-competition based factors
African health-care and antitrust
Everything on Mergers & Acquisitions (& JVs)